The Princesses' Adventures

Monday, May 17, 2010

Arbor complete

My latest project has been finding Double Knockout Roses for a great deal $. Last year I only found 2 on clearance plus I added 2 hibiscuses on either side. This year, I went for the slightly smaller plants at 50% off and finished filling in along our retaining wall. In a year or two, it will be a solid wall of roses. Beautiful!
My white rose plant was a gift that I transferred from my old house to this one. It almost didn't survive the winter, but seems to be blossoming fine now.
Here is the final work Darren did on the arbor. Pavers in place, and retaining stones leveled, I could finally go shopping for roses!! I had a hard time finding them since it is no longer the beginning of planting season, but settled on a yellow climber and Jacob's Robe that is multi-colored.
I also added 2 mandevilla plants to help fill in until I can get more climbing roses for the back side of the arbor next year (or this year if I can find more I like). Either way, there will be color in our back yard this year!
Mandevilla buds.
Alli and I enjoyed some time on the bench this afternoon after school. I love stealing little moments like this with her before Rachel wakes from her nap.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the flowers! Very pretty, lady! beautiful picture of Alli, too!

    ReplyDelete