The Princesses' Adventures

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Update on Momma bird

Here is our baby Morning Doves just one day before they took flight. We saw their Momma watching over them for about two days. I even spotted the male bird a time or two. Then, low-and-behold, Momma came back to the nest with another egg. Just one this time. She knows how much more work it is to have twins! Yes, I can fully appreciate all the hard work my mom went through now that I'm a mom. I am a twin and can't imagine having to take care of more than just one at a time. So, we cleaned up the mess from the other babies and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of another (in about 3 weeks).

3 comments:

  1. I used to think that I would like to twins (this is before I had children) but I think it would be crazy around here for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps, Momma bird left for a short while today and I saw 2 eggs. Here we go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting developments at your house!

    ReplyDelete