The Princesses' Adventures

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Monday started out dark, windy and rainy. A good day to stay home and do house work. Working on vacuuming, Rachel took refuge in my room. I went to check on her and she had found a cozy spot in my bed. I couldn't believe when she ended up taking a 3 hour nap! I think she got her fairy tales mixed up instead of being Snow White, she ended up as Sleeping Beauty.

Rachel sleeping in my room gave me the chance I had been looking for to switch her bed. I had dismantled her crib a while back, but had not removed it from her room. Her twin bed was stored in our basement. After a lot of mattress switching, I managed to get all the pieces in her room. The only thing I'm waiting for is her comforter to go in the comforter cover I'd ordered. I searched high and low to find the perfect one to match her walls so I would NOT have to repaint them.

I went to a meeting at church in the evening and came home to this. A wonderful husband who had not only put the bed together, but put all the sheets and covers on. I still don't have the comforter, but I know it is almost done (it is being hand-made by Darren's aunt) and Rachel slept in her "Big Bed" (as opposed to her "big girl bed" that we call her toddler bed).

This is a very happy 3 year old to be getting a bed just like her big sister!
Rachel and Darren perched on the bed. Great bonding time for the 2. This photo also pictures some of the flowers I made for Rachel before she was born containing her monogram.

1 comment: